How to Use a Treadmill
This video will show you how to properly use a treadmill. For more information on selecting and using cardio equipment, check out these articles.
Please read these health and safety precautions before starting any exercise.
See below for more information.
Videography by: Twisted Pair Productions
Be sure to check out our other videos for more information like: how to run properly on a treadmill, cleaning your treadmill and helpful videos on ellipticals and bikes.
Trainers: Clint Pratch
How to use a treadmill:
If you have a foldable treadmill, make sure you take it out of the storage position first.
You also want to make sure that treadmill safety key is in place.If this key is removed, the treadmill will automatically stop moving.
There are 2 ways to start using the treadmill and its programs – first take a look at the console. Many treadmills have green and red buttons – green means go and is often a “quick start” option and red means start.
- User profiles
- - Select your user profile
- - This allows you to track all your data, how often you use the treadmill, calories burned, distance walked etc
- - You enter in your gender, height and weight, etc. This gives you more feedback so you’ll keep at your workout
- Manual - the programs start automatically, and you can adjust speed and incline by pressing the up and down arrows keys to make it harder or easier
- Time will usually count up, same with distance and calories burned
- Programs are good for motivational purposes, they show you where you’ve been and where you came from
- - The treadmill will change the resistance for you, either increase or decrease like you’re going up a hill
- - Most programs have a set time or set distance
- You also burn about 20% more calories with a program, it forces you to work harder
- Remember to occasionally check your heart rate to see if you’re working out hard enough or not enough
At Flaman Fitness, we want to help you reach your goals and today’s the day you can start. For more videos like this, subscribe to our YouTube channel or check out the other videos on this site.