Human Resources Improvements
Fitness also has a positive effect on human resources.
- Voluntary turnover levels are almost half the rate of others (i.e., 5.3% instead of 10%)
- Employers see shorter disability durations (25 fewer lost workdays per 100 covered employees per year)
- 2% fewer cases of short-term disability
Source: Towers Watson "2013/2014 Staying@Work Report" Canada
The Sun Life-Ivey Canadian Wellness ROI Study found these results about companies that invested in fitness for their employees.
- 51% have experienced improved employee morale
- 40% have seen reduced absenteeism
- 36% have received positive feedback from employees
- 30% have witnessed improved productivity
- 23% have experienced improved employee retention
The Sun Life Buffet National Wellness Survey, 2011 found that:
- "97% of leaders agree that employee health is directly related to corporate success."